TOP 5 THINGS TO DO ON A WINTER VACATION IN ASPEN
Planning the perfect Aspen, Colorado, vacation getaway can be a daunting task for many - primarily based on the fact that there's so much to do in Aspen. This mountain wonderland offers so many activities during the winter, it's hard to wrangle them all into one vacation. So how do you make plans and not miss anything? This week our blog team sat down with Top 5 must-dos in Aspen.
1. HIT THE SLOPES C'mon, baby, it's Aspen! When you think Aspen, you think skiing and snowboarding. The X Games. The lifestyle. Aspen features four area ski mountains EUA" Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Snowmass. Each has its own characteristics and personality. From greens to double black diamonds, there is something for every experience level.
- Aspen Mountain " with the Silver Queen Gondola located in downtown Aspen " is famous for its majestic terrain as well as its on-mountain restaurants and activities.
- Aspen Highlands ski area covers more than 1,000 acres, with 36 percent rated expert.
- Buttermilk labels 35 percent of its trails as begining.
- Snowmass features a variety of wide-open terrain as well as three terrain parks, a super pipe and a beginner pipe.
2. WINE & DINE There are a variety of different restaurants to choose from in Aspen rare to get a bad meal.A There is something for everyone whether you are in the mood for a quick bite before the slopes, or a leisurely family dinner.A Many restaurants offer special fixed price menus during certain times of the year, allowing guests to try a variety of food options. The best restaurants in Aspen by trip Advisor
3. SHOP 'TILL YOU DROP! No matter your budget or interest, one can always find a store to meet your needs in downtown Aspen.A Aspen has local boutiques, high-end designer stores, and multiple consignment stores.A You will recognize many of the popular brand names including:
- Louis Vuitton
- Ralph Lauren USA
- J Crew
4. EXPLORE THE OUTDOORS For those who prefer off-the-slope activities, we have a multitude of other ways to enjoy the snow and winter sunshine.A Snowmobiling tours are offered at two different locations in Aspen.A For the beginners and young at heart, check out T-Lazy-7 Ranch offering tours up towards Maroon Bells. Amazing Nestled in the scenic Castle Creek Valley in the heart of rugged Elk mountains, the Pine Creek Cookhouse represents American Alpine Cuisine at its finest, and Krabloonik Dog Sledding has welcomed guest for 40 years. A truly mountain experience with spectacular mountain views hand carved wooden sleds and our amazing sled dogs. If you need more help planning outdoor adventures, CONTACT US.
- Rafting / Camping
Glenwood Canyon Resort, tucked away in majestic Glenwood Canyon, on the banks of the mighty Colorado River. Whether you’re looking for cozy accommodations while enjoying the area’s many attractions or a stunning venue for your wedding or event, our mountain Adventure Base Camp has it all!
- Golf Packages
ASPEN GOLF COURSE
Aspen Golf Course is located one mile west of Aspen. It is open to the public from mid-April until late October (weather permitting) and features a PGA award-winning Golf Shop, practice hitting area, chipping green, putting green, cart rentals, as well as full-service locker rooms. A, Frank Hummel design, the Aspen Golf Course is a challenging 18-hole course set in the heart of the Roaring Fork Valley. With four sets of tees, the course accommodates all levels of play. http://www.aspengolf.com/golf-club/
LAKOTA CANYON RANCH
Lakota Canyon Ranch opened for play in May 2004, offering 18 holes of world class golf with stunning views of rugged Western Colorado canyons and natural terrain. http://lakotacanyonranch.com/
SNOWMASS GOLF COURSE
Snowmass Club offers all the comforts of home in one spectacular place, with the attentive service of a fine hotel and the extensive amenities of the private club lifestyle. http://www.snowmassclub.com/
RIVER VALLEY RANCH GOLF COURSE
is situated at the foot of the majestic Mt. Sopris in Colorado's spectacular Crystal River Valley. The rolling valley floor and banks of the Crystal River unite to create a prime landscape from which to craft a magnificent mountain golf course. http://www.rvrgolf.com/
For Fly Fishing on the Frying Pan River , The Roaring Fork River and The Colorado River from Aspem and Basalt for the week ended.
we are dedicated to the highest professional standards. Our drivers are prepared to ensure your safety and enjoyment throughout your wine tasting adventure.
The picturesque wineries and vineyards in scenic Paonia are waiting. If you are planning on spending a day wine tasting, our professional staff is ready to speak today. Call our office:
Tours offered from May to September
Black Bridge Winery
Stone Cottage Cellars
Terror Creek Winery
Alfred Ames Cellars
Is one of Colorado's favorite year-round resort areas. One will not be at a loss for activities ranging from recreation to the arts to culinary delights. During winter or summer an Aspen Vacation is the perfect choice for any season. Aspen sits at the upper end of the Roaring Fork Valley, with the Roaring Fork River, a superb trout stream, running through town. It offers an interesting history, challenging outdoor recreation opportunities, abundant cultural activies, pleasant climate and beautiful natural scenery. Aspen is world renowned for its downhill skiing. Aspen Mountain rises imposingly from town and is one of four ski areas in the valley. Snowmass, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk mountains all lie within 12 miles of town and offer some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the world. https://www.aspensnowmass.com/plan-your-stay/summer-activities
Nestled between the majestic Sopris and Basalt mountains, cross-country skiing, hiking and mountain biking trails abound through thousands of acres of pristine mountain wilderness. http://www.colorado.com/cities-and-towns/basalt
Go on an adventure. Try something new like a Segway tour, commune with nature on miles of trails, take in a show, fly high on a thrill ride, soak in mineral hot springs, or chill out on the river through Glenwood Canyon. Glenwood Springs is a destination filled with possibilities. http://www.visitglenwood.com/things-to-do